.
.
.
Yorkske , mijn prentjes bij YNA kunnen niet concurreren met deze levende beestjes
.
.
.
GELEZEN OP HET NET
.
.
.
Vier dingen die je niet kan ongedaan maken :
De steen --- nadat je hem gegooid hebt
Het woord --- nadat je het gesproken hebt
De gelegenheid --- nadat je ze hebt gemist
De tijd --- nadat hij is voorbij getikt.
.
.
.
%u2022 Chanson d'Automne (Paul verlaine)
Les sanglots longs des violons de l'automne
Blessent mon coeur d'une langueur monotone.
Tout suffocant et blême, quand sonne l'heure,
Je me souviens des jours anciens et je pleure
Et je m'en vais au vent mauvais
Qui m'emporte deçà, delà,
Pareil à la feuille morte.
.
.
.
Edward Robert, Earl of Lytton
He may live without books, - what is knowledge but grieving?
He may live without hope - what is hope but deceiving?
He may live without love, - what is passion but pining?
But where is the man that can live without dining?
The man who seeks one thing in life and but one
May hope to achieve it before life is done;
But he who seeks all things, wherever he goes
Only reaps from the hopes which around him he sows
A harvest of barren regrets.
Thought alone is eternal.
Let any man show the world that he feels
Afraid of its bark and - it will fly at his heels:
Let him fearlessly face it, - it will leave him alone:
But it will fawn at his feet if he flings it a bone.
.
.
.
When I Was One-and-Twenty
by A. E. Housman
When I was one-and-twenty
I heard a wise man say,
"Give crowns and pounds and guineas
But not your heart away;
Give pearls away and rubies
But keep your fancy free."
But I was one-and-twenty,
No use to talk to me.
When I was one-and-twenty
I heard him say again,
"The heart out of the bosom
Was never given in vain;
Tis paid with sighs a plenty
And sold for endless rue."
And I am two-and-twenty,
And oh, ' tis true, 'tis true.
.
.
.
by John Keats
A thing of beauty is a joy for ever:
Its loveliness increases, it will never
Pass into nothingness; but still will keep
A bower quiet for us, and a sleep
Full of sweet dreams, and health, and quiet breathing.
Therefore, on every morrow, are we wreathing
A flowery band to bind us to the earth,
Spite of despondence, of the inhuman dearth
Of noble natures, of the gloomy days,
Of all the unhealthy and o'er-darkened ways
Made for our searching: yes, in spite of all,
Some shape of beauty moves away the pall
From our dark spirits.
.
.
.
Ernest..Dowson
They are not long, the weeping and the laughter,
Love and desire and hate;
I think they have no portion in us after
We pass the gate.
They are not long, the days of wine and roses:
Out of a misty dream
Our path emerges for a while, then closes
Within a dream.
.
.
.
laurence Alma-Tadema
If No One Ever Marries Me
If no-one ever marries me--
And I don't see why they should,
For nurse says I am not pretty
And I'm seldom very good--
If no one ever marries me
I shan't mind very much;
I shall buy a squirrel in a cage,
And a little rabbit-hutch;
I shall have a cottage near a wood,
And a pony all my own,
And a little lamb, quite clean and tame,
That I can take to town;
And when I'm getting really old,
At twenty-eight or nine--
I shall buy a little orphan girl
And bring her up as mine.
.
.
.
"Mr. President," said one of his aides, "I was wondering, sir, if it might be possible for my son to work somewhere in the White House,"
"Of course," replied the president. "What does he do?"
The aide threw up his hands and said, "Nothing."
"Excellent," noted the president. "we won't even have to train him."
.
.
.
Edna St Vincent Millay
Ashes of Life
Love has gone and left me and the days are all alike;
Eat I must, and sleep I will, -- and would that night were here!
But ah! -- to lie awake and hear the slow hours strike!
Would that it were day again! -- with twilight near!
Love has gone and left me and I don't know what to do;
This or that or what you will is all the same to me;
But all the things that I begin I leave before I'm through, --
There's little use in anything as far as I can see.
Love has gone and left me, -- and the neighbors knock and borrow,
And life goes on forever like the gnawing of a mouse, --
And to-morrow and to-morrow and to-morrow and to-morrow
There's this little street and this little house.
.
.
.
" Sooner or later we begin to understand that love is more than verses on valentines and romance in the movies. We begin to know that love is here and now,
real and true, the most important thing in our lives. For love is the creator of our favourite memories and the foundation of our fondest dreams.
Love is a promise that is always kept, a fortune that can never be spent,
a seed that can flourish in even the most unlikely of places. And this radiance that never fades,
this mysterious and magical joy, is the greatest treasure of all - one known only by those who love.
--Author Unknown
.
.
.
Our union is like this:
You feel cold
so I reach for a blanket to cover our shivering feet.
A hunger comes into your body
so I run to my garden and start digging potatoes.
You asked for a few words of comfort and guidance
and I quickly kneel by your side
offering you a whole book as a gift.
You ache with loneliness one night so much you weep,
and I say
"Here is a rope, tie it around me,
I will be your companion for life."
Love Poems From God
Twelve Sacred Voices from
The East and West
Translated by Daniel Ladinsky
.
.
.
A A Milne
If I Were King
I often wish I were a King,
And then I could do anything.
If only I were King of Spain,
I'd take my hat off in the rain.
If only I were King of France,
I wouldn't brush my hair for aunts.
I think, if I were King of Greece,
I'd push things off the mantelpiece.
If I were King of Norroway,
I'd ask an elephant to stay.
If I were King of Babylon,
I'd leave my button gloves undone.
If I were King of Timbuctoo,
I'd think of lovely things to do.
If I were King of anything,
I'd tell the soldiers, "I'm the King!"
.
.
.



































.
.
.
LEES MIJN TOPICS IN STUKJES
.
.
.
DAN ZIJN ZE BEST TE VERTEREN
.
.
.
PLEEG GEEN OVERDAAD
.
.
.





















.
.
.
.
.